Why Is My Air Conditioning Not Working?
Is your AC running low or not at all? Air conditioner problems can arise at the worst of times. So before the heat rises, make sure your system is working. Here are a few steps to make sure your cooling system is up and running before the thick of summer arrives:
- If your central air conditioner isn’t going on automatically, you might need to simply adjust the thermostat settings. Here is what you’ll need to do:
- Make sure the thermostat is set to cool
- Check the main electrical panel for any tripped breakers or blown fuses. You might need to reset the breaker by shutting it off and turning back on or replacing the fust.
- Turn the furnace power switch on.
- Turn the power off to the AC and check the thermostat. Remove the thermostat’s cover from the base and replace the batteries. Wait a few minutes and try the system again.
- If all else fails, call your local HVAC technician to take a look at the problem.
Air Conditioner isn’t making your home cool enough
If your air conditioner is working but isn’t cooling off your home as much as it should be, here are a few solutions:
- Clear debris near the condenser to maximize air flow
- Create shade for your unit
- Clean or change the air filter
- Replace worn-out insulation on refrigerant line
Need a helping hand troubleshooting your AC? For 25 years Leslie Heating & Cooling has been providing trusted customer service to clients throughout the Chicagoland area. We are a family-owned and operated business based in Woodridge, Illinois and is here for all of your emergency needs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To learn even more, give us a call at (630) 576-9235 or visit our website.