Becoming More Energy Conscious
A green home is a happy home! Whether it’s saving money or saving energy, knowing that you’re making a difference for your finances and in the community is a major reason many homeowners are learning what it means to be energy conscious.
Saving energy and money comes with even the smallest efforts. We encourage you to consider these conservation tips for a healthier lifestyle and environment:
- Install a programmable thermostat to control the heating and cooling in all areas of your home whether you’re home or not.
- Only turn the dishwasher on once it’s fully loaded and consider air drying your dishes instead of leaving them in for a drying cycle.
- Unplug home electronics when you know you’ll be away for a while. This includes your laptops, lamps, TVs, DVD players, radio clocks, and appliances.
- Take shorter showers (or better yet, baths) and opt for a low-flow showerhead.
- Swap out your incandescent bulbs for LED lights instead.
- If you’re making a quick stop at a local store this summer, consider riding your bike or walking instead of taking the car.
- Look for an energy efficient HVAC unit to save energy and money during both the coldest and hottest seasons of the year.
If you’re looking to make greener upgrades to your home, turn to Leslie Heating and Cooling! We offer a wide array of home heating and cooling solutions to help you save money and energy as well as programmable thermostats for additional savings.
To learn more about these services and more, give us a call at (630) 576-9235 or visit our website. And don’t forget, we are just a phone call away for any and all of your emergency needs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!