9 Home Heating Conservation Tips
Aside from the fact that your heating bill is usually high in winter, many of us also want to know how we can reduce our carbon footprint. Here are 9 creative ways you can conserve energy at home and save money all at once:
1. Add more wall insulation to keep your home at a comfortable temperature and significantly reduce your home heating bill.
2. Find drafts using a small candle and slowly trace around all window sills and cents. If the flame flickers, you need to seal the leak.
3. Lower the heat during sunny afternoons when the sun is at it’s strongest, and you may realize you don’t even need to waste electric.
4. Leave the oven door open after cooking to recycle warm air in your kitchen.
5. A gas fireplace can use more energy to heat a room than central heating.
6. Invest in a wood burning stove. You’ll be shocked at how low your heating bill will become.
7. Reverse your ceiling fans in winter to rotate clockwise and draw down the rising heat.
8. Keep heavy curtains around the bed to help insulate your bedroom.
9. A programmable thermostat can automatically lower temperatures while you’re sleeping or at work, which can decrease your energy consumption by up to 25 percent.
At Leslie Heating & Cooling, your comfort is our number one priority. We are a family-owned and operated business based in Woodridge, Illinois and are here for all of your HVAC emergency needs, heating installation, and maintenance. We can also help you install programmable thermostats to reduce your carbon footprint and save you money in winter. To learn more, give us a call at 630.621.9419 or visit our website.